Los Angeles, CA 90007 US
If you are a Medical Biller looking for a high energy, fast-paced environment to build your career, you have found it! Our client is an innovative company with a vision to economize healthcare. Their mission is to deliver value to our customers through exceptional cloud-based technology, and services that provide the necessary connectivity, metrics and knowledge. Healthcare providers are able to optimize their business and financial operations, while advancing healthcare delivery and outcomes.
Medical Billing Representative is responsible for order entry and error processing, prepares outstanding account reports and gathers credit and/or reference information. Representative reviews correspondence and resolves errors, may place calls or send messages to those with unresolved issues.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the collection, handling, and processing of all encounter charges for all sites
- Responsible for the monitoring and correction of red edits
- Responsible for reconciling tracking claims submission on balance sheet
- Liaison to Center Managers and CDE staff regarding charge errors identified during the review process
- Assign appropriate payor source for Medi-HMO and Insurance claims. Any new payor sources needing to be entered, a copy of information must be forwarded to Business Office Manager
- Approve claims and transmit claims according to weekly schedule. Claims submission lag time shall be no longer than 7 days from date of service
- Participate in Health Center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals
What you need to be successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least three (3) years experience as a medical biller
- At least one (1) year experience billing Medi-CAL managed care plans and various medical groups
- Complete understanding of medical billing coding, documentation, claim filing, appeals, payment posting, accounts receivable
- Knowledge with various payors Family PACT, Medi-CAL, Medi-HMOs, HMOs, IPAs, PPOs, POS, EPO, Medicare, etc.
Schedule: Monday -Friday, full-time