AR Collections Representative
Plano, TX 75024
Our client is an innovative cloud computing company with a dedicated vision in optimizing the economics of healthcare. Their mission is to deliver value to our customers through exceptional technology and services that provide the necessary connectivity, metrics and knowledge to enable healthcare providers to optimize their business and financial operations while helping them advance healthcare delivery and outcomes.
Job Summary: The Medical Collections Representative will ensure a timely collection of outstanding A/R, and perform a variety of clerical and accounting functions to resolve billing problems of submitted claims.
Schedule: Monday Friday; Full-time
Pay: ($18-$24) depending on experience
- Verify insurance/recipient eligibility, billing and follow-up on claims to Medicare, Medicaid and Private Insurer Payers.
- Review unpaid and/or denied claims, appeals and follow-up on accounts to zero status.
- Research and respond to Medicare, Medicaid and other Payer inquiries regarding billing issues and insurance updates.
- 2-3 years medical claims and/or hospital collections experience
- Experience and understanding of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Experience with Third Party Payers
- HIPAA and PHI savvy
- Self-starter with good communication skills
- Experience working in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Some college coursework in business administration or accounting preferred.