Account Resolution Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Accounts Resolution Specialist
Come work in a fast paced high energy office with opportunities for learning various aspects of the medical billing world. The University is a great place to work with great benefits. The position reviews and analyzes medical claims and billing edits to aid in claim resolution.
Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Research and review outstanding account receivables.
- Review, update and correct patient information using various applications.
- Follow-up (inbound and outbound phone calls, email, regular mail) with insurance companies/patients regarding claim/payment status through our practice management system and reporting tools.
- Research and obtain necessary documentation for insurance companies to process outstanding claims.
- Organize and prioritize work to make sure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify trends and issues Summarize results and escalate to supervisor.
- Overtime may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Qualifications:
- One to two years of office or medical billing experience.
- The qualified individual should have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn new duties and work together with our existing staff as a productive member of our team.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of medical industry, insurance billing, EOBs (Explanation of Benefits), CPTcodes and medical terminology preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Customer Service experience.
- Introductory knowledge of CPT and ICD9 coding or Equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Works toward solutions using inquiry and logical deduction, i.e. problem solving skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, FSA and retirement benefits. Employee health and wellness program incentives. Employment will be contingent upon successful background checks and/or drug testing.
Wage: $14.50-16/hr. DOE