Dallas, TX 75231
Rapidly growing Physicians Group is seeking experienced Accounting Manager to oversee accounting operations and systems as well as associated analysis, financial reporting and accounting staff.
- Interviews, hires, and trains accounting staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations; handle disciplinary actions and process time cards for accounting staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring all tasks and projects are being completed as planned
- Ensures timely transfer of payroll funds to Payroll Service Provider.
- Oversees daily treasury/banking and deposit uploads to ensure accuracy.
- Reports weekly cash balances to CEO.
- Provides oversight of daily deposits to ensure proper handling of receipts
- Negotiates and monitors borrowing requirements with financial institutions
- Completes Credit applications for vendors
- Works with outside accounting firm to ensure accuracy in annual tax filings
- Prepares year-end tax work papers and Journal entries
- Recommends and directs accepted internal controls and accounting policies.
- Research complex accounting and tax transactions
- Ensures all insurance coverage s including directors and officers, general property, etc. are in place each year
- Oversees annual unclaimed property reporting in compliance with state guidelines.
- Ensures timely filing of corporate tax filings and property tax filings
- Identify ways to improve efficiency in accounting procedures and reporting
- Performs full cycle accounting including: review of Journal entries, quarterly accruals, and reconciliations.
- Develops and maintains timely and accurate quarterly financial statements and Compensation statements
- Records depreciation entries from asset schedules quarterly.
- Performs variance analysis quarterly
- Reviews billing/collection patterns and makes corrective recommendations
- Accounts for mergers and new practice additions
- Oversees monthly reporting for Physician Guarantees
- Prepares special reports as necessary
- Records quarterly profit sharing accruals by division.
- Performs biweekly upload of employee 401K contributions and loan payments from payroll system to retirement account.
- Attends all Profit Sharing meetings.
- Provides oversight for annual audit of the profit sharing plan
- Assists CEO with special projects when assigned.
- Works as part of the management team to develop and implement policies and procedures that maximize patient centered services.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor s degree (BS in Accounting or BBA) or equivalent; and seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting systems (advanced Quickbooks Enterprise), MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel Skills), Printer, 35 WPM, Copier, Facsimile Machine, Phone System, and Other Office Equipment. A general knowledge of payroll systems, fixed asset systems, Online Banking systems,