Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Maintenance of client files, deadline tracking program, and document management program.
- Processing and assembly of complex multi-state tax returns, including knowledge of state filing and extension requirements.
- Supervision of the firm s e-filing system, including processing and mailing of return attachments to IRS or electronic attachment of pdf files to the e-filed return.
- Typing transmittal letters, invoices, general correspondence, etc. using Microsoft Word.
- Typing and processing of reviewed or compiled financial statements on a limited basis.
- Back up other administrative positions as required, including answering phones, greeting clients, billing, errands, etc.
- Various administrative duties to assist in the efficient day to day functions of the office.
- An intelligent, stress-tolerant and experienced individual who can handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously in an extremely busy work setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- You will efile or assemble many tax returns during the year. Overtime is expected certain times of the year; and good attendance is required.
- Given the tax deadlines, consideration of firm needs is essential when scheduling vacation or personal time.
- Professional in manner and appearance.
- Five years minimum administrative experience in a professional services environment; two years minimum if experience is with a CPA firm.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to respond tactfully to client and staff situations.
- Ability to respond tactfully and professionally in demanding situations.
- Solid and mature reasoning skills.
This position offers health, dental, vision and retirement benefits. Personal time off and paid holidays.
Located in Santa Rosa with an office within walking distance to SMART and 2-minute drive to 101