Midvale, UT 84047
This is a great opportunity to join one of the most respected and distinguished treatment centers in the state of Utah. We are looking for a talented and motivated candidate to join our team as the Admissions Counselor.
About Us At our hospital, we treat the whole person. We bring a compassionate, experienced team of clinicians together in a fully-integrated and customized program to treat our patients. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and regular opportunities for development and advancement.
Essential Role Clinical professional is responsible for facilitating admissions, clinical intake assessments and utilization review processes to assure continuity for the most appropriate level of care for patients and their benefit/resources utilization.
- Facilitate intake, admission, and utilization review process for incoming patients.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to the patient, their families, and appropriate internal staff.
- Provide an accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admission and utilization process.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy time frames.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to the patient or their family.
- Collaborate with other medical and psychiatric staff to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s status in the admissions, intake and utilization process.
- Provide education to the patient and their family throughout stay.
- Perform ongoing assessments patient’s needs and refer or intervene as needed
- Provide education to patient and their family to access resources independently.
Requirements Master's degree in a Therapeutic Counseling, Behavioral Science, Social Work or related field. In some states, may also be a registered nurse, in which case, an associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing is required. Three plus years of mental/behavioral health experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the facility. Experience in the managed care pre-certification process, level of care assessments and utilization.
Credentials Current licensure, as required for the area of clinical specialty, i.e., current RN license, CAC or other clinical counseling or therapy license, as designated by the state in which the facility operates. First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Benefits Offered Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401k, and Paid Time Off.