Billing Data Entry
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Accounts Receivables $15-$17 hour
This is a business to business Accounts Receivable position, working with business clients, not patients or general consumers. We are looking for AR professionals with excellent communication and follow up skills.
Work for national clinical and anatomic pathology reference laboratory and a worldwide leader in innovative laboratory research and development.
Rated In 2018 Best Companies to Work For! Providing outstanding career opportunity and comprehensive benefits! Including Tuition Reimbursement and low-cost healthcare and full matching 401k. Explore with us and find out more!
1. Accept responsibilities for delegated billing area.
2. Ensure invoices are accurate and are mailed in a timely manner (within 72 hours).
3. Review and research outstanding claims using Workflow.
4. Initiate follow-up on past due accounts.
5. Solve problems pertaining to assigned accounts.
6. Filing/Follow-up/collection of third-party claims.
7. Field questions from clients regarding billing/collection problems.
8. Refer past due accounts to collections.
9. Participate in ongoing training as it relates to job functions or company requirements.
10. Maintain all required Quality Assurance log/tally sheets.
11. Train new Accounts Receivable/Billing personnel.
12. Maintain Multiple State Medicaids and their provider numbers.
13. Correct invoices with pricing problems.
14. Process credits to appropriate invoices.
15. Approve adjustments up to $100.00.
16. Team with Medical Billing Representative I on problem accounts if unable to resolve within 24 hours.
17. Produce invoices for other ARUP charges.
18. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Two years of experience in an Accounts receivable/Billing department
Intermediate knowledge of CPT codes, ICD-9 codes and Medicare/Medicaid/Third party payer requirements
Advanced computer skills with an emphasis on A/R billing. Advanced skills/knowledge Microsoft Office Suite
10-Key skills by touch