San Diego, CA 92121
Purpose of Job
We re seeking an inspired, intellectually curious, and mission driven CT Technologist to be an integral part of the team. This individual will provide domain expertise in radiology and computed tomography using existing and novel technologies. As part of the multidisciplinary team, this individual will also provide empathic, personalized care to our Clients throughout their experience including a warm welcome, supportive clinical care for the duration of the evaluation, and ensure an unparalleled care experience.
Term: 3 month contract with the possibility of extendingPay Range: $37-42 per hour
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Lead Technologist, assures that services are provided to patients and customers within professional standards.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Maintains positive work relationships with other technologists, practitioners, physicians and staff.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential and following HIPAA practices.
Minimum Qualifications (Must have)
- Advanced ARRT certification for Computed Tomography (CT)
- Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of Radiography.
- Current certification from State of California as a Radiologic Technologist (CRT). Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiology.
- Current CPR or BLS for Healthcare Providers certificate by start date.
- Three (3) years of related work experience.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Excellent communication and customer service oriented.
- Collaborate with colleagues to assist patients in their care and testing.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and customers.
- Ability to work well with teams in an open environment.
- Demonstrate sound judgment to effectively solve problems.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of GE Revolution CT scanners
- A.S. degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Knowledge of operating Dual-energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA) equipment.
- Customer focused to provide a high level of care and a positive experience.
- Dynamic individual with the ability to communicate and engage others.
- Open to learning new things and taking on new challenges.
- Open clinical environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending and kneeling
- Must be able to lift and transport at least 25 pounds