Certified Medical Assistant (Refill)
Indianapolis, IN 46218 US
Are you looking for a rewarding healthcare career with work-life balance? We have day schedules! No nights or weekends! The Medical Assistant will room patients, obtain vitals, perform EKG's, triage, coordinate referrals, administer injections, assist the Physician or Advanced Practice Provider with minor procedures and other duties as assigned.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Properly prepares exam rooms for patient care by ensuring the room is properly stocked and cleaned.
- Triages patient phone calls, reviews patient test results, handle pharmacy calls, and reviews patient medications.
- Rooms patients, checks vital signs, and assesses patient needs to communicate with provider.
- Assists provider with patient procedures as directed by the provider.
- Communicates effectively both written and orally with patients, patients families, coworkers, and other outside entities.
- Completes routine forms for patients as appropriate.
- Ensures chart documentation in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) is correctly completed in timely manner.
- Performs point-of-care lab tests as directed by provider, prepares specimens, operates and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Medical Assistant Certification (CMA) or Registration (RMA)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required graduate from accredited ABHES or CAAHEP Medical Assistant program
- Computer literate
- vaccines for Children (VFC) Program.
- 3 years of experience in an ambulatory care setting (preferred)
- Proficiency with VFC, CHIRP, and VOMS strongly preferred
Benefits package includes: medical; dental; vision; life; voluntary life; long-term disability; short-term disability; generous paid time off; generous company match 401(k) retirement plan; tuition reimbursement; EAP, maternity leave, and much more! Come join an organization that cares.