Certified Medical Assistant
Kennesaw, GA 30152 US
Are you a National Certified Medical Assistant who is ready to enhance your career and work for a practice that values lifelong relationships? We are looking for a Certified Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse who would enjoy working in a clinical private practice. The candidate we are seeking strives to ensure patient satisfaction by being thorough, detail-oriented, and have a positive demeanor. For this position, you must demonstrate the ability to organize and facilitate various needs and prioritize the tasks. As part of a team, you will work to enrich the health and well-being of every patient.
Summary of Your Role
The Certified Medical Assistant provides patient care in a primary/family care practice along-side a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. In this role, you will serve patients of all ages, including children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
Key Functions You Will Be Doing
- Interviews patients, measures vitals, and records patient information in an electronic medical records system (eClinicalWorks)
- Prepares sterile and comfortable exam rooms for patients
- Setup instruments and equipment
- Give injections or treatment and draw blood.
- Perform routine laboratory tests, start, monitor, and discontinue
- Operate diagnostic equipment for routine tests
- Maintain electronic medical records, vital signs, performs EKG, spirometry, or other procedures.
- Schedule patients for tests and procedures
- Request required medication
- Assist with other duties as assigned
What We Need from You
- High School graduate or equivalent education
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration or completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program with a current practical nurse license
- Current Basic Life Support card from the American Heart Association
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical private practice preferred
Apply today to learn more about this position and the opportunity.