Certified Medical Assistant
Sugar Land, TX 77479 US
We are a large medical group in Houston specializing in Urology. We are looking for a friendly, motivated, hardworking and professional Medical Assistant. You must possess good communication skills, a positive attitude, punctuality, and the ability to multi-task, attention to details and function well in a high paced office. The ideal candidate understands the sensitive of our practice, is a quick learner, and has great patient care skills.
The right candidate will have:
- At least 1 year paid working experience as a Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Experience with urology specialty a plus
- Must be able to take directions and follow office procedure protocol
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish)
A summary of our Medical Assistant position includes:
- Greeting and check-in of patients
- Setting up exam rooms for appointments and procedures
- Obtain patient medical history to included medication list
- Assist the physician with exams and in-office procedures as needed
- Perform minor therapeutic treatments as ordered by the physician
- Knowledgeable in medical/surgical cleaning techniques
- Authorizations and verification of insurance coverage for services
- Submit prior authorization for medication and refills as requested
- Venipunctures and Injections
- Discuss lab results as requested by physician
- Cross-trained to work in the front office with patient registration, scheduling and insurance verification.
Full Time: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm or 8:30 to 5:30pm (One late night a week until 6- 6:30pm)
Pay Range: $15-17/ Hr
Apply today to join this dedicated team.