Clinical Care Coordinator
Locust Grove, GA 30248 US
Are you a Clinical Care Coordinator II who is ready to enhance your career and work for a practice that values lifelong relationships? We are looking for a Clinical Care Coordinator II who would enjoy working in a clinical private practice. The candidate we are seeking strives to ensure patient satisfaction by being thorough, detail-oriented, and have a positive demeanor. For this position, you must demonstrate the ability to organize and facilitate various needs and prioritize the tasks. As part of a team, you will work to enrich the health and well-being of every patient.
Summary of Your Role
The Clinical Care Coordinator II assigned to our high-volume call center is responsible for managing assigned calls to ensuring patient diagnostic imaging, labs, prescriptions, and other activities are processed timely and accurately, and according to the providers direction.
Key Functions You Will Be Doing
- Receive and process e-prescription request from the pharmacy
- Call-in and submit patient medication to pharmacy as instructed by provider
- Check voice mailbox timely to respond to patient inquiries
- Contact insurance companies to receive prior authorization for medication
- Correspond with providers through electronic medical record system (eClinicalWorks) regarding patient activity
- Answers patient inquiries regarding general medical questions
- Obtain necessary personal and clinical information from patients
- Accurately document telephone encounters with patients
- Receive test results from providers through telephone encounters
- Contact patients by phone in a timely manner, ensuring test results are conveyed accurately and privately following all HIPAA regulations as instructed by the patient record
- Transfer patient calls to appropriate personnel for further assistance, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
What We Need from You
- High School graduate or equivalent education
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program with a current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration or completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program with a current practical nurse license
- Current Basic Life Support card from the American Heart Association
- 5+ years of experience in a clinical private practice preferred
Apply today to learn more about this position and the opportunity.