Cottonwd Hgts, UT 84047
This is a lucrative income opportunity to work with an organization that is dynamic and consistently growing, offering long-term prosperous careers for its dedicated team members.
We are a leader in providing tailored Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) solutions that positively affect the bottom line of forward-thinking hospitals across the nation. Together is precisely how we approach each partnership. Providing full Hospital Revenue Cycle Management Patient Access Management, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Denials Management and AR Follow up. We work tirelessly with our clients to understand their exact needs, and together implement appropriate solutions to accomplish desired objectives.
Our environment is one of thinkers, problem solvers, and true contributors to their own success and the success and growth of the company. We are looking for individuals that don t want to be micromanaged, that take true interest and ownership and want to make an impact on the growth of the company and their future success. Working closely and directly with the senior management team, you will have an opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge as well as your personal and professional development!
Hospital Coder Outpatient Medical Coding Auditor
We are looking for a qualified Medical Coding Auditor. This person will be responsible for overseeing the coding that is performed by inpatient and outpatient coders for various hospital clients around the U.S. Our culture is a fast paced entrepreneurial environment requiring an individual with flexible skills and approach. This person will be responsible for client interfacing on behalf of the coding team, provides exceptional customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining client relationships. Needs to be able work effectively with coders across multiple time zones. Ensures that Medical coders are meeting and/or exceeding client contractual expectations in terms of performance and quality.
Key Responsibilities Medical Coding Auditor:
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and AAPC
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other technologies (3M)
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding
- Participates in orientation training activities and review materials for clients
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office suite
- Communicate and educate with multiple provider types, payers, and staff for education regarding coding, compliance, and reimbursement issues.
- Distribute information from meetings to appropriate people.
- Continual assessment of appropriate daily work volume capabilities for each employee.
- Perform preliminary and routine audits on coding staff.
- Provide regular education to staff and Healthcare staff on policy, procedures and coding compliance.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or (AAPC) recognized certification such as: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H), Certified Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (CCS) Certified Coding Specialist. (CIS) with AAPC can also be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical documentation requirements related to regulatory and reimbursement rules and regulations, reimbursement systems (federal, state and payer specific), and health insurance processing is required.
- 1-3 YRS + as Coding Auditor
- Experience with inpatient coding understanding (DRG) principles Diagnosis related grouping a plus!
- (E&M) evaluation management, on Professional Services side (physician), and the facility side is also preferred
- Surgery Coding Surgery coding experience
- ICD-10-PCS procedure code systems.
- Ability to perform preliminary and routine audits on coding staff
- Develops client-specific procedures document for each client based on their policies and procedures
- 3 YRS + years experience as a Coding Auditor or Supervisor
- Experience educating hospital staff on proper procedures and coding policies
- Working as an Inpatient or Outpatient Coder in an acute care facility, trauma center or teaching facility a plus
- Experience in outpatient facility and professional coding a plus
- Knowledge of ICD-9 / ICD-10 CM and DRG coding principles and applications as they relate to acute care hospital coding, surgery clinic coding, and grouping, etc.
- ICD-10 Certified preferred