Jupiter, FL 33458 US
Our office is looking to hire an experienced Collections Specialist to join our team! If you are looking for your next career move, then this is the job for you!
- Coordination of collection activities for designated accounts
- Leading to the timely reimbursement of receivables using available resources including internal/external databases, payer portals/websites, and telephone.
- Determines and initiates appropriate action to resolve denied/rejected invoices and prepares payer corrections and/or appeals in accordance with payer plan requirements using electronic and paper processes.
- Keeps Collection Lead, and/or PFS Manager informed of any potential trending negative account(s) impact. Participate in testing scenarios for various system upgrades and/or new system implementations when necessary.
- Follow CMS 1500 guidelines, revenue code usage, contractual adjustments, payment transactions, and credit balance resolution
- Able to train and assist other Collection Patient Account Specialist(s). Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. Maintain positive relationship with the other hospital departments. Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of professional business office experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, managed care contracts, government payers & commercial insurance plans
- Knowledge of Government and Third-Party Payer Regulations and Standards
- Working knowledge of eClinicalworks application
Schedule: Monday Friday