Commercial Insurance Follow-up Specialist
Austin, TX 78757
We are looking for an experienced Insurance Collections Specialist to work with commercial claims. You will be ideally suited for this position if you have worked for a medical provider, hospital, or DME company. The position is responsible for handling all insurance follow-up, corrections, and appeals.
Highlights of the position are:
- Determining the status of claims with the insurance company, if the claim meets contractual agreements or needs adjustment
- Obtain medical records and collect needed documents from insurance companies
- Reconcile account balances, and verify monies are applied correctly
- Interpret terms for Managed Care, Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and Workers' Compensation when applicable
- Identify appropriate action for Contractual or Administrative Write-Offs
- Review EOBs, HCPCS & ICD codes, HCFAs, and authorizations/referrals
- Obtain account information through insurance companies and customer contacts
What you need for the position:
- 2+ years of experience collecting from insurance companies
- 1+ years of experience working for a provider, hospital, or DME company.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) experience is a plus!
- Experience reviewing EOBs, reconciling claims, and writing appeals.
- Excellent communication skills and strong computer skills
Why You Want to Work Here This company provides medical programs and services for rehabilitating patients. Their clients range from single office physicians to entire health systems. With over 20 years of experience, they have grown to one of the largest durable medical equipment and medical supply companies in the nation. We offer a great casual environment with competitive pay. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and paid time off. Employees work independently but are goal-oriented.
The position pays $15 - $18 DOE and is Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm, with the possibility of occasional overtime.