Data Entry Coordinator
San Diego, CA 92121
The primary purpose of this position is to provide data entry/clerical support to the Finance Department in the completion of tasks required to support team and department goals and objectives.
Location: Sorrento Valley - San Diego, CA 92121
Schedule: Full Time M-F 7am - 4pm
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum one year general office experience including administrative support and project management.
- 6 months data entry experience with 10 key and word processing; minimum 6,000 key strokes per hour required.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
80% Provides data entry/clerical support for the Finance Department. Heavy data entry of check information in Excel required.
- Organizes and distributes Finance mail.
- Opens, separates and logs checks received in Excel spreadsheets and then performs manual confirmation of amounts entered
- Uses IHIS program to identify the entities of checks without proper entity designation.
- Prepares checks for deposit and takes them to the Vendor Contract Specialist for deposit. Assists Vendor Contract Specialist with balancing deposits when needed.
- Compiles the Explanation of Benefit letters and notifies Claims Supervisors via email for pick-up.
- Uses IHIS program to research refund checks from practitioners, codes them accordingly, scans and emails copies of the checks to Claims department.
- Creates letters to return misdirected checks to Third Party Administrators, members and practitioners.
- Retrieves afternoon packages from Shipping and distributes them to the Finance Department.
- Responds to check inquiries from the Claims Department using the finance logs and verifies deposit status.
- Maintains list of CBR related payors including contact information and performs outreach to individual payors to identify payors who may be eligible to pay by EFT.
- Updates the monthly Finance Department Calendar.
10% Provides administrative support to the Finance department.
- Serves as the backup of the Senior Executive Administrator for the Chief Financial Officer by screening phone calls to the CFO.
- Makes copies, faxes reports, and scans financial documents.
- Sets up and maintains files and binders as requested.
- Assists in the creation of a variety of documents for presentations and/or financial filings.
5% Provides assistance to other departmental staff to accomplish department objectives and assists with special projects
5% Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.