Director of Patient Care Services
Clearwater, FL 33762
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the overall direction of home health clinical services. The Director of Clinical Services establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Patient Care Coordinators to assist them in continually improving all aspects of home health care services, provided through organization personnel.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
- Assists the Executive Director in the preparation and administration of the organization's budget.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume, which could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, either directly or by delegating to another staff member.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance to the CHAP Home Care standards.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, the Director of Clinical Services will become the acting Executive Director and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Executive Director.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Bachelor s degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing and Master s degree in health care preferred but not required.
- Three years of management experience in a home health or related health care organization.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional administrative personnel.