Front Office Medical Assistant
Downey, CA 90241
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your front and back office skills? Do you have experience scheduling for surgeries? We have the perfect position for you!! Pain Diagnosis group is looking for a front and back office float to perform all front and back office duties and surgery scheduling. If you are looking for long term employment, please apply today!
- Answering incoming calls
- Scheduling surgeries
- Verifying insurance
- Processing insurance authorizations
- Submitting HMO request for approval
- Maintaining calendars for internal physicians, as well as coordinating rooms for contracted physicians
- Obtaining benefits information
- Coordinating surgeries with various physicians
- Scheduling specialty testing
- Rescheduling as needed
- Providing estimates of costs to patients
- Researching information for patients
- Calling in RX for physician
- Fielding triage calls
- Following up with patients per Physician s direction
- Charting through automated records
- Updating records
- Verifying patient information
What Special Talents do I need?
- Patience with patients!
- Ability to speak and write professionally
- Passion for people and wellness
What are the requirements?
- 4+ years of Front Office Medical Assistant/Receptionist experience
- HS Diploma or GED
- NextGen is a plus!