Overladn Park, KS 66223
HistotechnologistWell established facility seeking a qualified Histotechnologist to perform the evaluation of tissue through histological procedures. Experience working within dermatology or with Mohs mapping is heavily preferred.We have developed a fun and exciting company culture and are looking for our next team member to continue promoting that type of work environment. We love promoting from within, there is a lot of opportunity for advancement within our facility from a Histotech role!
- Perform a variety of specialized and complex chemical, histopathological or immunologic procedures.
- Dehydrate, clear and infiltrate specimens with paraffin using automatic processor.
- Perform special processing procedures such as nails, bone decalcification, mapping specimens for Mohs and properly embedding for frozen sectioning and prepares fresh tissue for immunofluorescence. M
- Cuts tissue sections using microtome and cryostat.
- Prepares frozen section and fixates sections on slides, and prepares slides for staining, as well as prepare all the reagents for stains.
- Stain slides using variety of stains requiring many complex and delicate procedures and careful control of the staining reaction to achieve precise staining result.
- Performs non-routine and highly sensitive immunoperoxidase or similar antigen-antibody tests requiring a number of delicate and precise processes.
- Titrates a serum to obtain appropriate dilution factor and proper use of enzyme digestion.
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagent, and products and maintains proper records for quality control reports.
- Maintains Mohs/Excision logbooks.
- Assist with cleaning and sterilization of surgical instruments as needed.
Education & Requirements
- Vocational/Technical Degree or Certification
- Associates Degree (A.A) or equivalent from a two year college
- Registered Histological Technician or eligible for registration within one year
Job Type: Full-time