Insurance Follow Up Specialist
Phoenix, AZ 85023 US
We are looking for an experienced Insurance Follow Up Specialist to work with all different types of insurance claims in the specialty of Orthopedics. This position is responsible for handling all insurance follow-up, corrections, and appeals. In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Facilitation of insurance billing and collection.
- Following patient accounts through the billing process to the payor.
- Working with the payor through claims processing.
- Ensuring reimbursement to the practice.
Highlights of the position are:
- Reviews insurance denials and rejections to determine next appropriate action steps and obtain necessary information to resolve any outstanding denials/rejections.
- Verifies patient demographic information and insurance eligibility including coordination of benefits; updates and confirms as necessary to allow processing of claims to insurance plans.
- Determining the status of claims with the insurance company, if the claim meets contractual agreements or needs adjustment
- Obtain medical records and collect needed documents from insurance companies
- Reconcile account balances, and verify monies are applied correctly
- Interpret terms for Managed Care, Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and Workers' Compensation when applicable
- Obtain account information through insurance companies and customer contacts.
- Obtains and attaches referrals/authorizations to appointments/charges.
What you need for the position:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 2+ years of experience of medical billing.
- Experience reviewing EOBs and reconciling claims.
- Excellent communication skills and strong computer skills
Why You Want to Work Here
The team consists of highly-trained physicians who have spent years researching and developing cutting edge methods and new technologies to provide the best treatments possible. They offer a fun and friendly work environment with the opportunity to learn the many different sub specialties of orthopedics!
We offer a great casual environment with competitive pay. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and paid time off. Employees work independently but are goal-oriented.