Licensed Vocational Nurse
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Licensed Vocational Nurse (New Grads Welcome)
Are you looking for a well-established organization that supports growth within the company, values having a work life balance, and prides themselves on delivering high quality healthcare services to members of the community?
Look no further! We have an immediate opening in one of our Adult Residential Facilities in Santa Rosa.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse supports the residents health needs by performing the tasks designated below
- Administer medications to individuals and follow the five rights for verification purposes
- Attend residents' doctor appointments and address any concerns and changes with the attending physician
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living such as bathing, cleaning, preparing meals, grooming, cooking
- Assess residents' and participants' wounds, help with dressing change and breathing treatments, as needed
- Audit all medications during a new medication cycle and check the five rights for verification
- Perform g-tube insertions for feeding to individuals, as necessary
- Perform intramuscular injections when necessary
- Evaluate residents' and participants' level of consciousness, neurological factors, and whether they are responsive and oriented post seizure and/or any traumatic episodes
- Redirect in the event of a behavioral episode and continue to support and listen to individual's needs
- Complete and update client notes system on a daily basis. Observe and report any unusual behaviours and injuries so both *Behaviour Consultant and Administrator are fully informed
- Perform basic physical review such as checking for vital signs, (understanding normal and abnormal measures) and head to toe assessments
- Must have a valid LVN license in the state of California
- New grads welcome!
- Full time Monday-Friday
- Competitive salary+full benefits