Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN
San Diego, CA 92103
Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN - Ambulary Exp. Needed
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced office where every day is different? Large world-renown practice has over 100 Physicians in the San Diego area, and specialists in infectious diseases. Organization provides excellent benefits, promotion from within and an employee oriented environment. This large nationwide organization has an immediate position available.
What skills do you need?
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- IV s and Blood draw experience is required
- Walk-in triage and assist with health care patient flow
- Must have ambulatory experience, familiar with outpatient services Reviewing current medication, take vitals , perform designated diagnostic tests, prepares designated lab work and/or specimens, administer medication, injections, oral or IV medications to record in medical record
- Reports changes in patient's physical status to the Nurse Manager or medical provider as well as collecting other pertinent patient information as defined by Department of Medicine eg:, Depression Screening ; Tuberculosis screening; presenting chief complaint
- Additional assistance with setting up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately and assisting provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Receives and processes medication refill requests; verifies medication requests with healthcare provider and obtains appropriate documentation.
- Maintains standard precautions for infection control, supplies and cleanliness of examination rooms as well as all other logs directed by the nurse manager.
- The right candidate will have experience working in a busy, fast-paced environment and be ready to come in and run with the position. We are seeking individuals who are professional, have good communication skills, attention to detail, and must be organized and able to work well with others in a team setting.
Do you qualify: Certificates and Licenses?
- 3 years of experience as an LVN or LPN working in a clinical setting
- Valid California L.V.N. License, without restrictions.
- Certificate in Phlebotomy and Intravenous (IV) therapy and valid C.P.R. certification
Schedule: Mondays-Fridays 8:30 am-5:30 pm (Cover LOA- 12 weeks, possibly longer)