Los Angeles, CA 90007 US
Seeking Medical Biller for the Accounts Receivable department for a fantastic reproductive healthcare facility. . This organization operates several clinics in the Greater Los Angeles Area and seeking someone who can excel in this role as a Medical Biller/Collector
Some of the tasks and duties include:
- Handling collections of unpaid claims to all insurance companies.
- Follow up on all collection activities for accounts outstanding 2+ months.
- Re-submissions of claims after corrections are made to ensure proper payout.
- Identifying cycles and habits of payers and have proper recommendations in order to smooth our the process to maximize revenue.
- Handling adjustments and write offs Heavy documentation of all A/R activities
What we are looking for:
- Full knowledge and understanding of medical billing-- coding, documentation, utilizing EMR and other systems for filing claims, payment posting, charge posting, A/R.
- Working knowledge and experience in working with various payors within the healthcare system: Medi-Cal, PPO, HMO, Managed Care, Family PACT, DOFERs, and others.
- Work under a 99% compliance standard of all work completed
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience in Medical Billing
- 2+ years experience in Medical Collections
- 2 years Insurance Verification and Authorizations
- 2 years Working aging reports and going through denials process
- 2 years Required education: High school or equivalent
Generous Salary and excellent benfits package provided