Lapeer, MI 48446 US
Are you in search of a new Medical Assistant role that will help excel your career? Our dermatology office is in search of an experienced Medical Assistant to join our office!
- Fulfill patient care responsibilities; escort patient to and from exam room, assist patient prepare for exam
- Assure smooth patient flow by prioritizing the following: rooming patients; taking appropriate patient histories, setting up room for anticipated procedures; sterilizing used instruments, preparing an adequate supply of surgical trays; anticipating provider(s) needs; assisting provider(s) during exams and procedures, and returning patient/pharmacy calls in a timely manner.
- Procedure tray, instrument, and equipment set-up according to instructions
- Document visit in EMR clearly and accurately as directed
- Clean, sterilize, and inventory all medical equipment and instruments
- Be familiar and compliant with OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen standards
- Maintain infection control policies of office
- Knowledgeable and compliant of HIPPA privacy standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Certificate (a plus)
- 1+ years of medical office experience (dermatology practice preferred)
- Medical Terminology knowledge