Medical Assistant (Refill)
Salt Lake City, UT 84101 US
Looking for an opportunity within a non-profit healthcare provider that caters to the homeless? This or large organization serves over 5,000 homeless men, women and children with more than 28,000 primary care, mental health, substance abuse, dental, specialty care and case management visits.
The Medical Assistant will part of the team to provide direct care to patients, assist primary care providers as needed, and work to improve overall health outcomes. This job is past-paced, rewarding and fun.
In this position, you will:
- Work with the Doctor, Office Manager, and other Medical Assistants to maintain an organized flow of patient care
- Assist inpatient care with rooming, taking vitals, EKGs, blood draws, injections, assisting in minor procedures, sterilizing and prepping rooms
- Front office duties such as managing phone lines, scheduling, checking patients in and out, completing prior authorizations, referrals, insurance verification, and entering patient information into the EMR system.
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with the team to maintain a positive working environment
What we need from you:
- High School graduate
- Medical assistant diploma or certificate
- CPR certification
- 2-3 years of medical assistant experience
- Be extremely flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Must be flexible.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Apply now!