Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Responsible for the availability, integrity and sterility of equipment in cooperation the radiology service.
- Demonstrates proficiency in starting DEXA scanner for daily use and performs all QC activities.
- Prepares patients for DEXA Exams and ensures that all current and previous records are available.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and position patients accordingly, being mindful of possible aggravation and injury to the patient due to positions.
- Performs all aspects of DEXA scan with skill and proficiency.
- Provides analysis and reporting from the equipment to the PACs system.
- Maintains database management activities including deletion of unnecessary exams, system archival and back-up.
- Must keep all rooms appropriately stocked with supplies and keep work area neat and orderly.
- Must correctly process and code all procedures.
- Reviews the organizational plan for radiology services and is aware and adheres to its guidelines listing responsibilities of radiology personnel.
- Attends department meetings when necessary, including in-service training.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment when necessary, in case of equipment failures when they need repair.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining ethical actions at all times and adhering to The Technologist s Code of Ethics.
- Uses professionalism and honesty in all business dealings on behalf of RRMG.
- Adheres to all attendance policies at RRMG.
- Remains flexible with regards to job assignments that may require the necessity to cover other departments or locations.
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service when dealing with both external and internal persons while on the job.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures set forth at RRMG and all applicable laws under which RRMG is obligated to comply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Human development knowledge/skills:
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for age specific requirement of the assigned unit.
- Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to understand and meet:
Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
- Additional requirements:
Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security. Maintains all practices to protect PHI and follow HIPAA guidelines.
Risk Management: Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Safety Requirements: Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with hospital Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of a Bone Densitometry Program or Radiology Program (CRT) required
Experience: Entry level with less than one (1) year experience as a DEXA Technician.
License / Certification:
- Licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health (C.R.T.) required
- Current California Limited Radiographer s License in Bone Densitometry (only if not CRT) required
- Current CPR (BLS) certificate required
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and an e-mail system.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of all phases of Bone Densitometry functions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with physicians and fellow workers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate with patients, physicians, employees of the organization, and other medical personnel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Two (2) plus years experience as Dexa Tech preferred