Medical Assistant Coordinator $18- $19 HR
Roy, UT 84067
We currently have 2 openings for Medical Assistant Coordinators to join our dynamic and innovative research team! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, patient-interactive, documentation-imperative position we would love to hear from you!
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package to qualified employees.
Pay: $18 - $19 per hour
Locations: LAYTON, ROY and OGDEN
Mon Friday 9:00 am 5:30 pm Flexible
No nights! No weekends!
Coordinate and/or assist with all aspects of clinical research trials, ensure compliance with protocols, ensure regulatory compliance, liaison with monitors and sponsors, schedule visits for patients and communicate effectively with Clinical Research Coordinators, Site Director/Director of Clinical Operations, Investigators. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
1. Assist the coordinator with ensuring compliance with multiple protocols. Must successfully conduct all assigned tasks in accordance with FDA, OUR SOP and ICH GCP guidelines.
2. Assist coordinator(s) on protocol conduction including but not limited to performing vital signs, phlebotomy and ECGs, filing all documents accurately and timely and completing case report forms per sponsor and OUR guidelines.
3. Assist with developing and implementing research and administrative strategies to successfully manage protocols.
4. Assist with ensuring subject safety in conjunction with Coordinators and Investigators; communicate and get proper signatures on safety data and other assigned materials in a timely manner.
5. Track enrollment of each study in conjunction with lead coordinator.
6. Collect and accurately record study data in case report forms, both in electronic capture and hard copy as directed. Complete all paper work as required by sponsor and our guidelines.
7. Assure IRB approval obtained prior to beginning any protocol procedures.
8. Properly consent all patients in accordance with FDA, GCP and protocol guidelines. Must work closely with Principal Investigator to ensure proper subject enrollments through thorough understanding of inclusion and exclusion criteria for each protocol.
9. Accurately record all adverse events and concomitant medications on each subject. Ensure timely review of all adverse events by appropriate Investigator.
10. Schedule and oversee subject visits on assigned protocols. Schedule all visits within proper time frame as set forth in assigned protocols. Ensure proper signatures on safety data in a timely manner.
11. Function as mentor to new employees as assigned by Site Director/Director of Clinical Operations
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to room patients, take vitals, blood draws and vaccinations.
Physical ability and perceptual acuity to satisfactorily & safely perform subject care
Pleasant, confident and professional appearance and demeanor
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions and procedure manuals
Able to use spreadsheet and word software and other commonly used software programs
Basic math skills
Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Medical Assistant, LPN or RN Certification required
Prefer some college education preferred. Bachelor s degree preferred.
Must have current BLS certification or acquire such within 90 days of employment.
Preferred: Medical terminology and ability to understand importance of labs, physical examinations with regard to subject safety