Sparks, NV 89434 US
Position Overview: We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Medical Assistant to join our orthopedic group, specializing in patient intake, insurance prior authorizations, rooming patients, taking vitals, and assisting with casting procedures. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth patient flow and providing exceptional care during their visit. This is a float position, primarily based in the Reno and Sparks areas, and the schedule consists of four 10-hour shifts per week (Mondays to Fridays).
- Greet and welcome patients, completing the intake process efficiently and accurately.
- Assist with prior authorizations for insurance coverage to ensure seamless patient care.
- Room patients, prepare them for examination, and take their vital signs.
- Support physicians during casting procedures for orthopedic conditions.
- Provide excellent patient care and ensure a comfortable and positive experience.
- Float between the Reno and Sparks locations, reporting to only one location per day as set by the schedule.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience in patient intake and/or medical receptionist role is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with insurance prior authorization processes is an advantage.
- Casting experience is a significant plus, and candidates with this skill may be eligible for a higher pay rate.
- Bilingual skills are valued, and fluency in a second language may lead to an additional $1 per hour.
- Willingness to work a fixed schedule of four 10-hour shifts from 7:45 am to 6:15 pm (Monday to Friday).
- Medical Assistant certification or relevant medical training is preferred (EMT, CNA, etc.).
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities to handle a busy clinical environment.
- Strong communication skills and a compassionate approach to patient care.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay range: $18 - $21 per hour, with the possibility of up to $22 for candidates with casting experience.
- Bilingual candidates may receive an additional $1 per hour.
- Competitive benefits package (details will be provided during the interview).
- The interview will be conducted in person, and it will be a single meeting.
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your updated resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications. We will review applications and contact qualified candidates to schedule interviews.
Note: We are willing to train the right person for this role. Candidates with experience in related fields such as EMT, CNA, prior authorization, scheduling, etc., are encouraged to apply, as they possess valuable transferable skills that can be developed further within our orthopedic group. We are committed to fostering a positive and supportive work environment and look forward to welcoming a dedicated Medical Assistant to our team.