Anderson, IN 46016 US
Are you looking for a rewarding healthcare career with work-life balance? We have day schedules! No nights or weekends! The Medical Assistant will room patients, obtain vitals, perform EKG's, triage, coordinate referrals, administer injections, assist the Physician or Advanced Practice Provider with minor procedures and other duties as assigned.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Properly prepares exam rooms for patient care by ensuring the room is properly stocked and cleaned.
- Triages patient phone calls, reviews patient test results, handle pharmacy calls, and reviews patient medications.
- Rooms patients, checks vital signs, and assesses patient needs to communicate with provider.
- Assists provider with patient procedures as directed by the provider.
- Communicates effectively both written and orally with patients, patients families, coworkers, and other outside entities.
- Completes routine forms for patients as appropriate.
- Ensures chart documentation in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) is correctly completed in timely manner.
- Performs point-of-care lab tests as directed by provider, prepares specimens, operates and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Medical Assistant Certification (CMA) or Registration (RMA) - or close to receiving it if in school
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Computer literate
- vaccines for Children (VFC) Program.