Chicago, IL 60629 US
Do you want to work for a company that strives to keep their community healthy? Our client serves the community with five federally-qualified community health centers throughout the city of Chicago. We are searching for experienced Medical Assistants to join this team of 230 employees. If you would like to discover the many benefits of sharing your expertise with their valued patients check out the details below.
We are searching for Medical Assistants to work interdependently with all healthcare professionals to provide optimal ambulatory quality healthcare to the patient at their COVID testing sites.
- Check schedule, continually assessing and organizing patient flow.
- Check patient medical records for pertinent data; review and maintain current patient information/demographic data.
- Follow up with patients regarding abnormal results and follow-up.
- Properly performs complete vital signs- height, weight, temperature, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, head circumference (infants), patient history, allergies, vaccine status, and reason for visit.
- Administers vaccines and or medication per providers orders.
- Performs Phlebotomy/venipuncture tests, collect, and label specimens.
- Sets up equipment, instruments and forms according to department protocol.
- Maintain infection control standards via cleaning and sterilizing according to scheduled maintenance program.
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Completed training from an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
- CPR Certification will be required and maintained
- Prior phlebotomy training and/or experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a plus, but not required
- Must be flexible to work evenings and Saturdays
Don t wait apply today and interview as early as next week!