Cleveland, OH 44102 US
We are looking for a Medical Assistant to support the providers in examining and treating patients, including the preparation of exam rooms, instrumentation, and medical equipment. You will also administer medications and injections, as needed for patient care requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Determine reason for visit and document patient's chief complaint in EPIC.
- Take vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, respirations, height, weight, BMI and pain level.
- Collect required blood work and diagnostic labs in EMR prior to provider exam.
- Prep all instruments, order labs and vaccines and document for visits.
- Follow-up on provider post exam requests; dress wounds, perform ear irrigations, recheck blood pressure etc.
- Administer medications/immunizations. Inform patient about possible effects.
- Maintain patient flow for providers
- As a member of the team, perform other duties as needed.
What you need to qualify:
- One plus years of medical assistant experience
- Knowledge of back office testing pregnancy test, strep, glucose, EKGs, vitals,
- Knowledge of injections and administering vaccines
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records, specifically EPIC
- Computer proficiency utilizing electronic medical records.
- Interpersonal skills and strong communication
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated team membership skills.
Schedule: Monday Friday, 1-2 late nightsper week (11:20AM 8:30am) Monday or Tuesday
Pay Range: $17.84/hour + DOE