Medical Biller - Level 1
San Diego, CA 92121
Are you a Medical Billing Specialist I that is looking for career progression? Our client is a recognized leader in the billing and reimbursement within the air medical transportation industry. We currently support over 80% of the air medical market with our technology and Revenue Cycle Management services through the industry s only patented, integrated solution.
This position requires a person that is willing to take on medical billing, collection tasks that is willing to perform a broad range of simultaneous duties in a progressive workplace.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Good customer service skills
- Solid understanding of the Fair Debt Practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to read and understand an EOB
- Able to understand and complete both professional and institutional medical claim form
- Understands working in a team environment for the success of the team
- Ability to utilize PC using word, excel, custom billing software
- Ability to work in a production environment
- Demographic data gathering
- Verification of insurance
- Performs secondary billing processes
- Initiate insurance billings; prepare claims packets and tracers to commercial, PPO, HMO, Champus, Auto, W/C.
- Performs pre-billing sponsor reviews, verify claims for accuracy
- Skip tracing, process mail return
- Screens for clean claims submission pursuant to payer specific guidelines, and billing form requirements.
- Customized appeal letter writing
- 1-3 years of experience of full scope medical billing and collections
- 1-3 years new claim discovery and submission all insurances.
- Medical Billing Specialist must have completed high school or equivalent GED
- Continuing education or certificate helpful and preferred
- Experience in emergency medical services, medical dispatching, or patient registration will be helpful
Compensation and Benefits:
- First-class salary and superior benefits