Springfield, NJ 07081
Our client, a growing multi-specialty healthcare practice, is in need of a motivated Medical Biller to add to the growing Medical Billing Team. The ideal candidate is goal-oriented with experience in full-cycle medical billing in a healthcare setting such as a multi-specialty physician practice or hospital.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
- Accurately post all insurance payments by line item.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
- Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
- Regularly meet with Billing Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing obstacles.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisory or Management team.
- Follow up on unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports and filing appeals to obtain maximum reimbursement.
- Data entry of all patient demographic, guarantor and insurance information, posting procedures and insurance/patient payments, balance to daily deposits
What we are looking for:
- Looking for someone who is passionate about the field, wants to stay with the organization long term and has eagerness to learn
- Must have medical billing experience and must be a go-getter with goal-oriented, positive attitude
- Computer literate, experience with practice management software, (Allscripts is highly desirable), word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Experience in CPT and ICD-9 coding; familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients
Why work here:
- Established, growing company looking for eager person with long term goals
- Tight-knit, inclusive employee culture, team-oriented mentality
- Mon Fri standard business hours
- Competitive compensation package, full-time, stable employment
- Opportunities for advancement
This is a direct-hire, full-time position, Mon Fri, standard business hours, starting $20-22/hour. Please submit your resume to learn more about or client!