Medical Billing Appeals Specialist $18/hour
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Pre-AR responsibilities are to ensure that the patient claim is reviewed for possible reimbursement issues and billed out appropriately. The AR responsibilities are to analyze and research claims to identify appropriate resolution.
PREAR/AR Essential Functions:
- Resolve various billing edits within established timelines
- Identifies trends and issues, verbally communicates the issues and propose solutions to the supervisor in writing
- Follow up (inbound and outbound phone calls and email) with departments regarding claim submission through our practice management system
- Composes/writes appeal letters using the established insurance guidelines to resolve collection barriers.
- Responds to written and email correspondence within established timelines.
- Prepares a written summary of departmental issues and concerns for supervisor.
- Answers phone calls and assists customers in person to resolve issues by established timelines
- Overtime may be required.
- One to two years of office or medical billing experience with focus on Medicare and third-party collections, billing, and payment arrangements.
- Have high quality customer service skills, ability to thrive in a high-volume position, and flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication and human relation skills required.
- Intermediate Excel and word processing skills.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, FSA and retirement benefits. Employee health and wellness program incentives.
- Employment will be contingent upon successful background checks and/or drug testing.
- Wage: $16-18/hr. DOE
If this job interests you, apply in minutes through our website at www.medicalprofessionals.com