Medical Coder CPC or CCS or CMC
San Diego, CA 92121
$22 to $30 Hourly
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Seeking Rockstar Certified Coder with HCC knowledge (MUST), able to Audit quality for reputable managed care organization in San Diego.
4,10 hour-shifts, Monday-Thursday 6:30 am to 5:00 pm with a 30-minute meal period
Certified Medical Coder will serve on a team to audit quality and HCC reporting. HCC experience is highly desired. Familiarity with quality reporting through HEDIS/NCQA/AMP in California. Strong computer literacy required to utilize our documentation system and manage data in spreadsheets.
- Establish / generate reports and analyzes the information against contract incentive programs and health plan data.
- Receives HCC senior diagnoses and process then into the tracking programs. Recommends training opportunities and participates in provider trainings as needed. Audits and interfaces with outside coding vendors.
- Recommends solutions to identify performance issues. Participates in webinars and conference as needed to stay abreast of IHA / NCQA requirements.
- Serves as the user expert of software systems. Audits software accuracy from time to time. Attends user meetings and reports systems issues to the vendor.
- Tracks and submits audit data for program compliance. Interacts with auditor to submit annual scores.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years Healthcare Industry experience.
- Knowledge of managed care concepts and healthcare delivery systems; understanding of health insurance industry and products.
- Experience working with CPT and ICD-10 codes and reading claims forms / reports.
- Organized self-starter with follow through. Ability with changing priorities and varying deadlines.
- String computer literacy, including competence with database and spreadsheet programs.
- Microsoft Office products familiarity required.
License/certification in medical coding (CPC OR CCS)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance (effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment).
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual basis.
- Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan (after 90 days of employment and during open enrollment period).
- 7 Paid Holidays
**THIS IS NOT A REMOTE ROLE**