Medical Coding Auditor
8000 South 4000 West , Salt Lake Salt Lake City, UT 84095
Medical Coding Auditor - Salary Negotiable based on experience
Work for one of the most highly respected and prestigious Healthcare organizations in Utah with 30 neighborhood health centers staffed by 1,000 board-certified physicians trained in 200 medical specialties.
We pride ourselves in creating an environment where our patients and staff are #1. We offer a warm, professional, flexible environment with top of the line services at all levels.
We offer realistic opportunity for advancement and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages available. Enjoy all of our perks
- Medical Coding Auditor
- Shift: Mon-Fri 8am- 5pm
- Located in Salt Lake City
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness incentives
- Full Benefits plan! Extremely low monthly premiums for Medical, dental, life insurance, FSA and retirement benefits. Employee health and wellness program incentives.
Under supervision of the Medical Coding manager, provides coding and compliance support to multi-specialty physicians, mid-level providers, support staff and administration. Auditor will monitor coding and billing activities to ensure activities performed are in compliance with applicable federal and state statutes/regulations.
Provide education and improvement of documentation to departments and staff to ensure accurate coding and billing.
Medical Coding Auditor Essential Responsibilities:
- Reviews and audits professional coding and billing from multiple departments and entities of organization.
- Reports on the accuracy of procedure coding, E&M coding, ICD-9 coding and billing to ensure compliance with legal and procedural policies.
- Review billing processes for accuracy and process improvements.
- Identify inaccurate coding services; prepares reports of findings and meets with providers and medical office staff to provide education and training on accurate coding practices and compliance issues.
- Assists in training personnel in correct documentation processes and coding guidelines.
- Medical Coding Auditor oversees on-going projects that are within the scope of this position.
Candidate should have intricate knowledge of Medical coding rules as outlined by CMS, AHA AMA. S/he must be able to identify areas or items which are not in compliance with the rules, present findings in a coherent and succinct format to diverse groups (e.g. physicians, nurses, administrators/director’s coders, billers) and recommend appropriate changes to policies and procedures.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) recognized certification such as: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H), Certified Professional Coder-Payer (CPC-P), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based (CCS- P), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or other specialty certification indicated by the department, plus 4 years coding, clinical, or billing experience. Departments may prefer specific certifications over others.
Excellent Opportunity to work for a solid, stable and growing organization with incredibly supportive visionary leadership! Not many opportunities such as this!