San Diego, CA 92130
Our client is an innovative cloud computing company with a dedicated vision in optimizing the economics of healthcare. Their mission is to deliver value to their customers through exceptional technology and services that provide the necessary connectivity, metrics and knowledge to enable healthcare providers to optimize their business and financial operations while helping them advance healthcare delivery and outcomes.
The Medical Collections Representative will ensure a timely collection of outstanding A/R, and perform a variety of clerical and accounting functions to resolve billing problems of submitted claims.
Schedule: Monday Friday; 8:30-5:00pm
Pay: $15-17 an hour depending on experience
- Communicates with patients to answer medical billing questions and to solve errors
- Coordinates the final disposition of patient accounts and the collection effort
- Other duties assigned by manager
- Verify insurance/recipient eligibility, billing and follow-up on claims to Medicare, Medicaid and Private Insurer Payers.
- Review unpaid and/or denied claims, appeals and follow-up on accounts to zero status.
- Research and respond to Medicare, Medicaid and other Payer inquiries regarding billing issues and insurance updates.
- Self-starter with good communication skills
- Experience working in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to clearly communicate issues easily and effectively at all levels of organization