Medical Collections Specialist
San Diego, CA 92130
We are offering an excellent position to work for an innovative cloud computing company specializing in the healthcare business. Their technology and services enable healthcare providers to optimize their business and financial operations while helping them advance healthcare delivery and outcomes.
The Medical Collections Specialist is responsible for reviewing insurance and demographic information and collecting patient balances due, providing customers medical billing support to patients. Answering patient questions and communicating potential errors according to standard procedures.
This call center environment is fast-paced, averaging an average of 80-100 calls a day. If you have a positive attitude, flexible and you are an organized multi-tasker, then you are the team player we want.
The ideal candidate needs to know:
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with medical billing and claims, involving negotiation, problem resolution or order entry
- How to quickly and pleasantly address customers’ requests (average calls are 3 minutes)
- Healthcare laboratory billing procedures and medical industry
- ABN, Appeals, EOBs, CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Medical office and billing software are preferred
- Insurance plans, medical terminology
- Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To qualify, you must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred
If this position sounds like a fit for you, send us your resume today! For similar opportunities, check out https://jobs.medicalprofessionals.com.