Medical Collector I
Los Angeles, CA 90010
- Working an aging report and recovering high dollar amounts on behalf of physicians and hospitals from insurances and patients
- Making calls and emails and written correspondence in reference to balances owedHandling the denials and appeals of claims and going through the process in order to get claims paidHandling rebills and adjudications of claims.
- Recognizing ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes to ensure proper coding to get paymentObtaining supporting documents for claims
- Working a high production goal of $100,000-$300,000+Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of A/R experience in the medical fieldGoal driven and a "hit the ground running" mentality
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding collection goals
- Knowledge of proper time lines in the collections process and protocol.Working knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10
- Experience working with insurances: HMO, PPO, Medi-Cal, Managed Care, Medi-Care.