Medical Collector - Appeals Experience
North Hollywood, CA 91602
Our client is searching for a Medical Collector for their office in Canoga Park and North Hollywood. If you are seeking a full time position working for a well-established medical group, this is the opportunity for you! Company provides a fun team environment with employee activities, rewards, and community involvement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diligent follow up, collection and appeals processes to attempt to receive payment on outstanding claims items.
- Identifies revenue improvement opportunities, monitors accounts receivable growth and keeps it in established ranges.
- Proper collections follow-up must be performed.
- Ensures that all denials are researched and followed-up with the maximum collection efforts to ensure payment is received.
- Responsible for completing tasks thoroughly and accurately to ensure the task is not returned back for re-work.
- Responsible for completing tasks thoroughly and accurately to ensure there are little or no write offs of tasks.
- Identify trends and issues with workloads and payers and maintains high level of quality.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws and regulations for Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and self-pay payers.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements.
- Coordinates with and provides feedback to other CBO and Receivables Management team members regarding errors that effected reimbursement and facilitates solutions.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of HCFA 1500 and other mandatory state billing forms and filing, HIPAA, and follow up requirements and ensures compliance of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding regulations and guidelines.
- Continually seeks to understand and act upon customer needs, concerns, and priorities. Meets customer expectations and requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Functions effectively within a team and participates and contributes constructively to produce results in a cooperative effort.
- Demonstrates ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the work assigned.
- Participates in a process to continually improve organizational effectiveness using self-assessment performance evaluation criteria.
- Seeking a professional individual with strong communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and strong collections experience
- A minimum of 2 years collections experience with HMOs, PPOs
- Prior experience in a surgery center is preferred, but not required
Pay Range: $17- $19.50 per hour DOE