Medical Credentialing Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT 84124
The Credentialing Assistant will provide credentialing support to the credentialing lead. Will be primarily responsible with completing credentialing and re-credentialing applications along with being flexible in taking on special projects as needed.
- Must have experience in processing a large volume of paperwork in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for timely processing of initial credentialing applications and re-credentialing applications for Physicians
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepares and reviews all provider applications for completion and accuracy.
- Contacts all Payers to ensure appropriate follow-up is done
- Ability to track and report on the credentialing status of each Physician.
- Maintains the credentialing tracking database, CAQH and documents.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to assist with all open projects as needed.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work self-sufficiently.
- Abe to handle multiple tasks and perform well under pressure of deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of the credentialing process
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel