Medical Surgery Scheduler
Anaheim, CA 92806
Seeking a Medical Surgery Scheduler for a well- known a medical group that provides excellent patient care while remaining employee focused. This Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group has grown to be the premier Orthopedic Practice physical therapy, sports medicine and much more which consists of 20 physicians
Medical Surgery/Procedural Scheduler responsibilities include:
- Scheduling appointments and providing instructions to patients in preparation for visit or procedure.
- Coordinating surgeries with various hospitals, rescheduling as needed, providing estimates of costs to patients, researching information for patients, documenting surgery dates/times, coding surgeries as needed, and assisting with various projects as needed.
- Obtains current health insurance information coverage and reviews current patient demographics.
- May assist patients with obtaining appointments at other physician and hospital sites and/or scheduling laboratory or radiology testing.
- Providing exceptional customer service and helping patients feel comfortable and at ease as they accurately collect patient data, obtain all necessary information, and guide the patient through the process.
- They prioritize the exams and coordinate multiple exams with other areas. They also respond to visitor requests and answer department phones.
Preferred Qualifications Must Haves:
- Must have 2+ plus year of experience working in a Medical Surgery/Procedural Scheduler
- Electronic Medical Records and Microsoft Suites
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- High School Diploma or GED!