San Diego, CA 92101
- Graduation from an accredited college or university in a professional field related to health and social services; Master s Degree preferred
- At least five years of successful experience in a responsible managerial, administrative or supervisory position in a multi-department social or health service program or agency
- Experience in business development, health care financial and operational management, and State/ Federal Regulation oversight is preferred.
- A minimum of one year s experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of supervision and care appropriate to the participants receiving services.
- Ability to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to maintain or supervise the maintenance of financial and other records.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Be of good character and reputation of personal integrity.
- Thorough knowledge of current concepts and practices of health and social services for the elderly, particularly in home and community-based services, interdisciplinary team model.
- Working knowledge of health care delivery and financing systems, including
- Medicaid, Medicare, waiver programs, prospective payment systems, and the HMO/managed care programs.
- Working knowledge of California State and Federal PACE regulations
- Ability to effectively organize, plan and delegate responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of San Diego healthcare and related networks.
- Demonstrates skills in leadership and decision-making,
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates excellent organization, planning, and supervision abilities.
- Competence in utilization management, quality improvement, managed care health care concepts, marketing and program development.
- Basic familiarity with management information systems, and Health Information Technology
- Ability to advocate effectively.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.