Dallas, TX 75231
We are searching for an Orthopedic Technologist to join our team in Dallas, TX. This is a full time, permanent role (not contract or temp). This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including health/dental/vision benefits, matching retirement package, and generous PTO. No travel is required!
The Orthopedic Technologist is responsible for escorting patients to casting room, documenting all findings in patient chart, casting or splint application/removal, removing sutures, and instructing/demonstrating cast education to patients.
- Escort patient to cast room, verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history and confirming purpose of visit.
- Dressing removal - assess the condition of wounds prior to cast applications. Consult with physicians for further orders when problems are identified. Debride wounds as directed
- Documents all items in the electronic health record in a timely manner.
- Cast/Splint application and removal - (including specialized casts, fracture braces, and using plaster or synthetic materials. This involves adjusting, removing, repairing, bivalving, wedging and windowing of casts
- Measure and fit patients for orthopedic braces, devices and ambulatory aids and the repair of all types of braces. Instruct patients regarding care and proper use. This includes patient education
- Coordinating with the doctor s coordinators daily and OR staff on medical equipment for surgeries. Manage inventory and ordering products
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous medical experience (preferred)
- Previous exposure dealing with physicians face-to-face on a regular basis (preferred)
- A good grasp of standard written and verbal English, good spelling, grammar
- Must have general knowledge of medical practice and terminology and possess computer skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Competitive hourly pay
- Monday Friday (8am 5pm)
- Full benefits