Patient Account Representative Eureka
Eureka, CA 95503
Want to work for one of the highest rated medical groups in California Want a group large enough that you have plenty of opportunities to learn different specialties and move up? This is the place for you!! Multi-specialty with multiple locations throughout Northern CA! This organization prides themselves in putting their Mission Statement and Values into action every day!! The company is committed to developing their employees and giving back to the community. Position is located in Eureka.
- Promptly answers incoming calls, screening and routing appropriately. Takes detailed, accurate, legible messages and accurately documenting distributing and/or tasking messages accordingly.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of computer scheduling functions, using proper registration protocols with all new patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types. Maintain knowledge of all providers schedules and restrictions. Inputs registration demographic and insurance information into computer.
- Greets patients and visitors to the medical office and obtains all required information to register patient. Ensures/assists patient in completing all forms and routes those forms to the appropriate personnel or department. Reviews current registration information with patient updating information as required.
- Reviews provider schedules in advance to ensure pre-registration of new patients.
- Schedules patient visits, cancels appointments, reschedules appointments and notifies clinical staff of appointment changes. Discusses scheduling conflicts or problems with supervisors or clinical staff. Provides schedule updates during the day.
- Checks patient out at the end of visit as per office procedures. Arrives, cancels and no shows appointments.
- Informs clinical personnel when patient has arrived; routes patient to appropriate clinical area.
- Responsible for collecting payments from patients, post payment in the IDX system, maintaining money drawer, balancing monies and turning in completed batch.
- Per office procedures, determines total charges for visit and calculates patient financial responsibility per established policies and procedures for cash patients. Collects required copayments, payments (cash, check, credit card), issues receipts and records MRN, makes change, etc., per standard of work. Ensures that billing information and collections are routed to appropriate personnel/department. May collect past due balance when appropriate.
- Responsible for confirming patient appointments as needed.
- Open or close office as shift requires, ensuring that all doors are secured, equipment turned on/off and communicates problems to supervisor in a timely manner. Oversees the front area for cleanliness, safety and continuous awareness of visitors, alerting supervisor of any issues.
- Performs general clerical duties including faxing, copying, filing, distribution of memos and daily schedules etc. as needed and maintains needed supplies to conduct daily work.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of providers, facility locations, facility personnel, etc.
HS Diploma or GED
Current CPR card and TB