Patient Biller- Level 3 Commercial
San Diego, CA 92122
Patient Biller Level 3
Are you passionate about continual learning, a self-motivated individual, and a person that is always willing to go the extra mile? We want to hear from you! This is a great opportunity to be a part of an environment where you will make a difference!
A large healthcare organization is hiring and they re looking to bring on top talent within their billing departments. They re looking for an experienced Insurance and Patient Biller to join their team.
- Temporary 3-6 months, depending on business needs
- You would be responsible for the full range of third party and patient billing duties. Extensive knowledge of medical insurance and State and Federal rules and regulations related to billing Insurance Claims.
- You would need to have extensive knowledge in Insurance claims appeals, and range of knowledge in ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, and coding principles.
- You need to have knowledge in self-pay collections and mandated charity laws
- You would be responsible to work system generated claims, edits, attaches records, operative reports and all system reports.
- You would need to respond to billing inquiries from patients, insurance companies and departments.
- You would need to identify and resolve issues regarding account adjustments, re-billing insurance, and/or collecting from patients as appropriate.
*Job standards are expected to be performed at the EXPERT level. You would be responsible for the full range of billing duties within the revenue cycle from claim generation to final payment disposition.
- Minimum of three (3) years recent acute care hospital billing and collection experience.
- Knowledge of medical insurance and State and Federal rules and regulations related to billing Insurance Claims.
- Extensive knowledge in Insurance claims appeals, and range of knowledge in ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding principles.
- Knowledge in self-pay collections.
- Knowledge of Hospital payer contracts and reimbursement methodologies including but not limited to per diem, fee schedule, case rate and DRG's.
- Knowledge of UB04 and revenue codes as it pertains to billing.
- Preferred: Prior Epic experience with Resolute Professional Billing.
A little more about us:
At Medical Professionals, we re all about you! We help talented job seekers find short-term and long-term positions that fit their abilities. As a quality healthcare staffing firm we open doors for our employees. You ll have an opportunity to work at one of our exceptional clients spanning from hospitals, medical groups, specialty practices, to health plan providers, DME and related companies. Our sole focus is to ensure that our clients get the best person for the job, and just as important, that you get the best position for you.