San Diego, CA 92121
Do you want to be part of a company that supports career progression? For over twenty years, our client has been able to offer first-class salary and superior benefits and career progression to people of all ages, backgrounds, and life circumstances. As an organization their mission is to empower individuals to live longer and healthier lives.
The primary purpose of this position is to process and/or audit all payroll related disbursements and reporting while ensuring the integrity of data processed, complying with company polices and government regulations on a timely and accurate basis.
- Confirm payroll transactions processed within compliance of all federal, state, and local laws, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Manage payroll email inbox, ensuring timely response to questions, concerns and data entry requests.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of automated payroll systems, including time and attendance systems.
- Assist in ensuring that the systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, employee benefit, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability.
- Review data entry by co-workers to ensure accuracy.
- Audit bi-weekly time & attendance hours for accuracy and balancing prior to payroll transmission, verifying hours worked, overtime rules, alternate work schedules, PTO, holidays, etc.
- Process accurate deduction and remittance of garnishments, child support, IRS levies and court orders.
- Compile payroll reports including bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting requirements for Finance or other management requested reporting, researching and resolving exception items as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic analyses of earnings, taxes, deductions, accruals, forecast and hours worked for management.
- Assist in preparing and reconciling year-end reporting.
- Work closely with the HR and Regulatory & Compliance departments to assist Payroll Manager in developing integrated policies and procedures, providing timely and accurate periodic reports.
- Perform assistant role in all payroll automated systems conversions and implementations.
- Reconcile/resolve payroll issues, concerns or questions internally and externally on a timely basis.
- Maintain professional means of communication with all employees.
- Reconcile and post all payroll related journal entries along with necessary accruals.
- Associate s degree in Accounting or 3-4 years of commensurate experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- Multi-state, Multi-tax ID experience a plus