Pediatric Medical Assistant
Los Angeles, CA 90027
We have an opening for a Medical Assistant and are in search of award winning patient service driven back office personnel. This group is a nonprofit, academic company that provides the highest quality healthcare for children in our region and beyond. This group is located in Hollywood offers excellent amenities to their patients, has several multi-specialty units, provides employee parking, easy accessible to metro lines, offers great benefits as well as offers room for growth and the opportunity to learn! Take a moment to apply and get ready for the next step in your career.
What skills do you need?
- Assisting patients, checking patients in and out, scheduling appointments, confirm appointment and contacting patients for returned visits as needed.
- Verifying insurance, authorizations, referrals, co-pays, messages and assisting the Office Manager as needed.
- Experienced with rooming, patients chief complaints and charting.
- Performed heavy blood draws, vitals, injections, standard testing, and specimen collections.
- Assist with minor procedures, follow ups and post ops
Do you qualify?
- 2+ years of recent medical assistant experience in the healthcare working in Pedictracts
- High School Diploma or GED
- EMR experience
- Any languages welcomed
The right candidate will have experience working in a busy, fast-paced environment and be ready to come in and run with the position. We are seeking individuals who are professional, have good communication skills, attention to detail, and must be organized and able to work well with others in a team setting.