RN Case Manager
Monterey, CA 93942
A large health organization is seeking an RN Case Manager who will work with physicians in identifying and coordinating patient/family/caregiver home care needs and providing skilled supportive care to patients and their families. Utilizes the nursing process to provide skilled care and comfort and maximizes the quality of life to the patient, family and caregiver. Refers and coordinates other disciplines and specialties, transfers to other levels of care and services with other providers. Case manages patient care within the guidelines of the various payor sources. Prepares patient/family for discharge when appropriate, referring to community resources.
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
- One year of experience as a professional nurse in a medical surgical facility, home health and hospice preferred
- Possession of current CPR certification
- BSN, PHN preferred
- Commitment to the interdisciplinary team approach to care
- Strong communication skills
- Teaching and leadership abilities
- Current California drivers license and car insurance
- Reliable vehicle
- Ability to work independently
- Employer pays 100% of premiums for full time staff for medical, vision, dental and term life insurance starting the first of the month after 60 day waiting period.
- 240 hours of PTO can be earned annually starting the first of the month after 60 day waiting period. Can begin using PTO as soon as earned.
- Employee can start fully vested contributions immediately for 403(B) plan. Employer contributions of 3% begin after 1 year and 1,000 hours worked, no matching required