RN Inpatient Case Manager
San Diego, CA 92121
Our client, an established and growing managed care healthcare organization is in need of a Registered Nurse Case Manager to manage a patient load and perform Utilization Review primarily from an office setting.
The Registered Nurse must be able to comfortably use a computer and deliver information via telephone in communicating efficiently and effectively with all parties involved. This position is from an office-setting, with occasional on-site patient visitation as necessary. The company takes pride in delivering personal care to each patient case and face-to-face interaction provides quality bedside manner. This is a direct hire, permanent, full-time position, Mon - Thu, 6:30am - 5:00pm, with Weekends and Holidays off.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible for assessing, coordinating, and adjusting individual care plans for organization s members that results in provision of quality and cost effective care.
- Create and monitor member plan based on assessment of health status, resource availability, past/present treatment plan, goals, and provider options.
- Coordinate services between physician, specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff to meet the complete needs of clients.
- Review admissions, concurrent review for medical necessity.
- Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and clinical information into EMR systems.
- Current California Registered Nurse license
- Knowledge of managed care organization/IPA/health plan Registered Nurse case management preferred
- 2+ years of Registered Nurse clinical nursing experience in a clinical, acute care, or community setting
- CCM Preferred
- Utilization Management UM and/or Utilization Review UR Experience Preferred
Why Work Here:
- Competitive starting pay
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Sick Pay, Holiday Pay, 401K w/match, Med/Den/Vis/Life Insurance, Short/Long Term leave, etc.
- Very large and growing organization with several opportunities for advancement
- Consistent, standard 40 hour work week only 4-day work week!!!! Mon Thurs, 6:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Opportunity to work among interdisciplinary team as well as independently in a fast-paced, educational environment
- Ability to manage care for variety of those in need
This is a direct-hire, permanent, full-time position with an established, large and growing healthcare organization. Please submit your resume to learn more about our client!